No surprise there, but it was raining and horrible on Saturday. That's London for you. I was meant to be having some people around for dinner, and planning on making pizza dough so we could make our own pizzas, but I guess because of the rain and horribleness of the day people just wanted to stay inside. I know that I did. However, after spending most of the week inside (probably going a little stir crazy) I knew it would be good for me to get out.
D called, and we arranged to meet in Islington - have lunch at the Afghan Kitchen (which was so yummy) and then look at Camden Passage antique markets then hit Loop.
I was good - didn't see anything I wanted at the antique market (which is amazing), then we heading to Loop. Which is an incredible yarn store on Cross St. I was nervous, obviously, about walking into a wool shop. What if I had to buy something? D wanted to get some wool and circular needles. Don't worry, I gave her a hard time about buying more stuff so soon after Ally Pally (we did go over board on that adventure, I have confirmed that now), but she was convinced - she must buy more wool.
We were in there for a while, touching things, as you do. D looked at me after about 5 mins and said "Han, have you breathed since we've been in here, you look shocked?". I laughed but inside I was dying as I was ogling over all the beautiful yarns - and I wanted them! Actually I was telling myself I needed them. But I held my breath and resisted the temptation.
I did however pick up some hooks - which I'm happy about (these handy padded hooks should help with the impeding RIS I'm sure is approaching). I've wanted some like these for a while! Yay - I got to buy something in the end.
We needed some cake and coffee after that, I can tell you. Which led to lovely conversations about our directions and in life - the eternal question of what the fuck am I doing with it all and so on. With some rather lovely outcomes. And some inspiration as well.
So, all in all - a lovely Saturday afternoon. a lovely day indeed.



1 comment:
Hello!
Lovely to find your blog after you commented at Attic24, I'm enjoying being here very very much!
I was cross I didn't make it to loop when I was at the CL fair, I had no idea it was so close, but I ran out of time. probably for the best considering the amount of dosh I blew in Liberty!
Anyhoooo, lovin your blog, will go and mooch through yer archives now!
Lucyxxxxxxxx
Post a Comment