Food. Recipes. Crochet. Knitting. Crafts. Han-made things.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

2 x 1hr scarfs for kids

L was heading off to Ireland this weekend to visit some kids who have twins, three year old girls, and at the last minute I remembered I hadn't made them anything as a token pressie.

So at the eleventh hour I got to work on these two crappy scarfs. They really aren't very good (I used up my oddments I purchased from ebay a while ago). I took my inspiration from Laughing Purple Goldfish's one hour crocheted scarf. Its a neat idea. Instead of crocheting the short side of the scarf - you chain the long side first and work sideways. It does (for some reason) make things go much quicker.

I'm not very happy with them due to the colours (limited choice of yarns in my ebay oddments stash), and since they are made from some synthetic yarns it makes me like them even less. However, its the thought that counts. I hope L takes a picture of the girls wearing them to post.



Once again, please excuse the terrible photo.. our camera is still broken...

No comments: