Food. Recipes. Crochet. Knitting. Crafts. Han-made things.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I know its not crafts but I'm rambling


Train of thought as watching BBC News today:
Today's the day when America votes for their new president. I'm sitting here on the other side of the pond with baited breath. I hope that there are many Americans out there who feel as passionately about voting, having a voice, as I do. I come from Australia where it is compulsory to vote. Some think that's a good idea, others a bad one. I reckon that it makes you interested in politics younger - makes you want to have your say. That's what voting is - helping to shape the future of your country.

The American elections and politics in general in the past have left me cold and confused. The voting process is ridiculous at best - but that shouldn't stop people, it should encourage them to vote for change - to want to be heard!

When I hear about 6 hour long lines of people waiting to vote I wanta throw my fists up in anger and yell at the stupidity! How can a country have too many people voting? It seems they want to make it difficult for people to vote! Its absurd for a country who has put themselves on a global pedestal as "the ultimate democracy" to make voting such a bitch for so many people.

It's often a case in federal elections these days anywhere in the western world of choosing between the lesser of two evils... but somewhere you gotta hope that some people out there really do want change. I hope Obama is that man.

I wonder if Americans realised how important their vote is to the rest of the world?
I kinda wish I could vote.. every vote counts!

No comments: