Food. Recipes. Crochet. Knitting. Crafts. Han-made things.

Friday, November 07, 2008

Crumbs & Doilies - a cupcake challenge


I like cupcakes. I have for a long time. The remind me of when I was a kid and went to birthday parties, but more recently they take me back to when I was still an editor and I'd need a break from my edit suite and head down to the farmers market at Fox Studios for some sunshine and a cup cake. A good excuse for getting outside. 

You seem to get cupcakes everywhere these days.. but I know the best ones. My mate Jemma is making these amazingly tasty and wonderfully decorated cup cakes at Crumbs & Doilies - she's selling them all over the place. Anyway, she's set me a challenge. She wants me to crochet a cupcake for her. But what kind? Her blog highlights so many different types of decorated ones.... its gonna be hard to pick one design to do... 

I guess I'll just have to add it to the To Do List of things I need to make (it's getting rather long now that xmas is approaching)

Here are some of her designs - she makes each one my hand!

Hello - Buffy the Vampire Cup cake! I want to eat you!!


Pretty little cakes.. 


Punk cupcakes - who would of thought?

All these images come from Jemma's websites and are of her own creations.

No comments: