I've been popping into the Bric'n'Brac store at Hackney Downs every now and then to keep an eye out for a sewing machine, and last Tuesday was my lucky day! I know it's taken me nearly a week to finally put some photos up of it, but I've been a bit distracted by it. I do really love it!
It's a Jones Deluxe (it doesn't matter that not many people have heard of it). It comes with the original purchase warranty (1970), original manual, all sorts of presser feet, bobbins and looks like it has hardly been used.
Obviously I have a lot to learn about sewing and what not, but I feel like I am completely crafty now! L even made some space in his studio for me to set up my crafty camp which was very nice of him.


2 comments:
HI I have the same machine and have used it very happily . suddenly the zig zag has stopped working and don't know where to repair it or get the parts . can any body help me please ? I am Diana from Bangalore in India
yay! someone else with a Jones :) I have two...! Jones became Brother in the early 70s I think :( My Mum and Gran both had Joneses and we are from Manchester, where they were made! nice to find another crafty person who loves their jones! ali xxxx
Post a Comment