Food. Recipes. Crochet. Knitting. Crafts. Han-made things.

Monday, October 20, 2008

Home Cooking From the Garden

I totally forgot to put these up a while ago. They're off our first (and only) meal from our home grown tomatoes. The tomatoes were pretty good (considering we'd had such a hard time growing them) and loads of them ripened at once, it was a coldish night and they needed eating - a salad just wasn't going to cut it. So I came up with another plan.



I made a Roasted Tomato and basil pasta. Very easy indeed, and so sweet and yummy.

YOU NEED:
A heap of tomatoes (cherry, or larger ones cut up, it doesn't matter)
basil
garlic
olive oil
dash of balsamic vinegar
pinch of sugar
S&P

Heat the oven up to about 17o degrees, mix all the bit together in an oven proof dish, then leave them in the oven until soft and gooey and caramelise, maybe about 30-40mins depending on how hot your oven is.

Take them out, mix them into some penne or spaghetti, grate some Parmesan cheese and you're away. couldn't be easier. and pretty yummy indeed.

No comments: