Food. Recipes. Crochet. Knitting. Crafts. Han-made things.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Updates & Breakfast foods: eggs in tomatoes

It's been a while since I've updated (yet again) but things have been a bit busy here in London lately with Minna leaving and working and so on. And our camera is broken (it was dropped outside the Pompidou center in Paris and seems to take rather strange photos).

Here's an old photo of something yummy (although I don't eat eggs I can appreciate the idea behind these). L's well into them, and made them again this morning. I saw on Angry Chicken's blog she's looking for interesting breakfast ideas, and thought that this is a great one!



Basically - hollow out some tomatoes, put them in a hot oven with some S&P, a dash of olive oil and some fresh basil. Cook them for about 15mins (or until kinda soft and cooked) then crack an egg in them and put them back in the oven until the eggs are cooked (maybe about 10mins or less).

The recipe is from this excellent Italian cookbook, The Silver Spoon which I recommend everyone to get hold of. Its an encyclopedia of Italian cooking, so many ideas and great recipes. We also have the Spanish version, 1080 Recipes both brought to you by the great publishers, Phaidon.


No comments: